01 November 2011

Central New Jersey Walk Now for Autism Speaks


Here are some photos from the Central New Jersey Walk Now for Autism Speaks event held October 9th at Mercer County College.  I was so happy to have Patty back again as co-chair, and to be able to enjoy the day with my family, friends, and my second family of dedicated volunteers.  This was truly the most personally rewarding Walk event in the many years that I have been involved with Autism Speaks and its predecessor organizations - the weather was great,  the walkers were full of enthusiasm and smiles, and we raised a lot of money.  As of this blog post, we are well on our way to raising over $250,000 for autism research!  [note: we did it!]
 
 
 
 
Our dedicated Walk Committee, who spent nearly a year planning this event, pose for a group photo on walk day.



Our friends and neighbors who walk with us as Hillsborough's Hope are so generous with their time.




Patty, clipboard in hand, with William before the Walk.




Each year I get to thank the walkers for their fundraising efforts.  This year, I invited Miss NJ International, Brielle LaCosta, up to the stage to recognize her awareness efforts.
 
 
 


The sight from the stage as thousands of Autism Speaks supporters begin the Walk. 

 


I am hoping that dedicated and enthusiastic Walk Committee volunteer Emily Josephson will be able to join me as Co-Chair in 2012.  [note: Patty and I did not participate in the Walk in 2012]


No comments:

Post a Comment