|September 30, 1903, New Jersey Interstate Fair Postcard|
|19 March 1935 Courier News|
|13 April 1941 Home News|
In the 1940s, Louis Opie succeeded Garretson, who died in 1937, as president. By 1941, with 300 subscribers in Belle Mead, Harlingen, Rocky Hill, Griggstown, Millstone, and South Somerville the seven employees of the company worked out of a bungalow on Route 206. Employees consisted of one construction superintendent, two linemen, and four female operators working eight-hour shifts to provide 24-hour service - something the company was proud to have provided since 1906.
Stock in the company was held by 100 local shareholders. In 1944, shares were going for $55.
|17 June 1955 Home News|
|1957 and 1960 Home News|
|South facade of the "new" H&M building on Route 206 - now Century Link|
20 January 1963 Home News
|2 February 1972 Courier News|
In January 1978 United Telecommunications announced plans to acquire the Hillsborough and Montgomery Telephone Company in a stock swap, but that the merger would not affect the rate structure. The acquisition became official the next year with all 102 H&M stockholders trading in their shares. On July 1, 1987, United Telephone merged all five of its Central Jersey telephone companies into one company called United Telephone Co. of New Jersey, and H&M ceased independent operations.