07 June 2007

Welcome to the new Hillsborough blog

It is my pleasure to welcome you to the new "On Hillsborough". I'm eager to get started writing, but first I thought you might like to know how I came to be doing this.

A few weeks ago I was contacted by an editor from the Courier News who informed me that she was looking for candidates who would be interested in writing a new "On Hillsborough" blog. We discussed what the blog should be about, and I reviewed other Courier news sponsored blogs - as well as blogs from other Gannett newspapers. I sent three samples of my writing, and was told several days later that I was "good to go"!

I have never done anything like this before, and in fact I have been something of a "reluctant" writer in the past - but that's all over now! I need to do this because I am excited about Hillsborough - its people, its past,what it is, and what it can be.

I expect to be writing about all of the topics of interest to Hillsborough residents - but I also need your help. Your responses in the "comments" area will help me know which items are of the greatest interest to you.

Your feedback is what will ultimately make "On Hillsborough" a success!

2 comments:

  1. Greg, Thank you for taking on the Hillsborough Blog. The issues of traffic-jams, high taxes, the continued building and over-building of residential developments, the continued loss of farms and open spaces, over-crowding in schools, insufficient school funding despite the high taxes, are all hot subjects that I hope will be raised and discussed on your blog. Thanks again and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick, thank you for your comments. As a school board member, I am somewhat encumbered by state ethics rules, and must tread very lightly on school "issues". But as you are well aware, there are a lot of other issues in Hillsborough that are fair game.

    And if you really want to know what's happening with the schools, your best bet is to catch a school board meeting in person or on Channel 14. At a school board meeting I can pretty much say whatever I want!

    ReplyDelete