|The Clover Hill Church. postcard circa 1908|
|Aerial view from Bing Maps|
|From a postcard circa 1910|
|National Register application photo, 1977|
Perhaps it was this independent streak which led the membership to secede from the Dutch Reformed denomination in 1840 to join with the Presbyterian Church - an affiliation which would last for twenty-two years. Abrahm Messler reports in his Forty Years at Raritan (1873) that ten years after rejoining the Dutch Reformed Church, the church was "enlarged and refitted" and boasted 75 families.