23 February 2011

Somerset Dems Seek Candidates

Are Somerset County Democrats looking for love in all the wrong places?

I received an interesting valentine of sorts last week from the Somerset County Democratic Committee containing the local politics equivalent of the "Be Mine" candy heart.  After asking around, it became apparent that I was not the only "local democrat" who received the letter seeking candidates for November races.

I was invited to call and schedule an appointment with the screening committee so that we might evaluate my qualifications to run for freeholder, or assembly, or even state senate!

The only problem is that I am not a Somerset County Democrat!  As an unaffiliated voter, I belong to no political parties or clubs - which I guess still makes me marginally acceptable as a potential democratic candidate.  Or at least more acceptable than the many Hillsborough Republicans who also received the letter.

I suppose the oft-heartbroken Somerset Dems are casting a wide net.  On Valentine's Day, it's hopeful to believe there are many fish in the sea.  Of course, you never know what you might catch!

No comments:

Post a Comment