27 November 2007

Ch Ch Ch Ch Changes

When I was a kid I was a big sports fan. My teams were the Mets, Knicks, Islanders, and Jets - and I guess they still are. One of the cool things about following your favorite team thirty years ago was that you always knew who was on the roster, year after year. You didn't just root for the uniform - you followed the players' careers. When your favorites were traded, that was a big deal.

Things are different today. Free agency has changed the way sports work. Trading and signing players has become a game of its own -and an exciting one. Every general manager is working to make his team better - to improve performance - to achieve goals. The World Series, The Superbowl, The Stanley Cup - everyone wants to get there, even if it means changing the team on a yearly basis.

Hillsborough Schools are going through some changes too. So many, that it feels like we have a whole new team! And, although it would not be proper for me to comment here on those changes (and I won't), I can give you an idea of the changes that have taken place since the summer, and what the administrative roster will look like by the middle of January:

  • New Superintendent
  • New Business Administrator
  • New Assistant Business Administrator
  • New Director of Human Resources
  • New Transportation Director
  • New Special Services Director
  • New Math Supervisor
  • New Fine and Performing Arts Supervisor
  • New Principal at Auten Road School
  • New Principal at Woods Road School
  • New Principal at Triangle School
  • New Public Information Officer

Even though the days of Garvey, Russell, Lopes, and Cey appear to be over, I know the residents of Hillsborough are always rooting for the schools. I am too.

No comments:

Post a Comment