27 March 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Yes, it's that time of the year again! The sure sign that Winter is behind us and there are brighter and tidier days ahead.

You guessed it - Hillsborough's Annual Clean-Up has arrived. Coupons are available at the Public Works Office until April 25th - I picked mine up yesterday. You can find all of the rules here.

Now I have to get back out to the garage and continue sorting - I know my lawn mower is in there somewhere, not to mention the kids' bikes and the barbecue stuff. I just have to clear out all this JUNK to find it!

2 comments:

  1. I must say, this is completely ridicules! The system seems like it is meant to be difficult so that people find other ways to get rid of their garbage. I just called and even if I pick up a coupon today I can’t dump it until July. Maybe I should just keep it in my front yard until then…but I’d probably get a fine for that. Each household should have at least one time a year when they can dump their big items…without worrying about getting to the public works department at 7AM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike - the system is a little strange, but it does seem to work. Years ago they did it differently. The town was split into quadrants - each of the four sections had a designated weekend to bring all of their junk to the dump site. At least this way you have a chance to choose a Saturday that is convenient - or at least more convenient - instead of being locked into the day chosen for your section.

    ReplyDelete