28 April 2008

Your Central Jersey

The Courier News is launching a new web site tomorrow - replacing c-n.com. It is called My Central Jersey, and combines the Courier site with the Home News Tribune site.

It looks interesting - busy - commercial - and informative. I haven't decided the order.

I do not yet know what level of participation I will have in the new web site. I do see that other Courier News Community Bloggers are up and running over there.

We'll have to wait and see what happens to On Hillsborough! In the meantime, I suggest you bookmark this page, so you can find me in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Keep this one!

    I have spent more time than I should trying to work with the new site. When I finally tracked down the blogs the only thing I could find was the current post for Bridgewater and,finally, the previous one...but no older ones.

    Also, I like cruising around all the different communities and opinions every few days - not easy to do now.

    I never did find yours and I can't waste anymore time messing with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm not over there yet. I haven't been officially informed about the switch.

    Of course, now the link that has brought most of the 10,000 visitors and 15,000 pageviews to On Hillsborough is gone - so I'll have to see how I feel about that.

    Also, it looks like they aren't featuring the volunteer "community bloggers" on the blog index page (which would be over on the left of the screen), only their paid columnists. "Community bloggers" aren't indexed at all, just left to fend for themselves over on the right. So I think this blog would get lost in the shuffle.

    Also I don't know how I feel about having this blog, which I have posted to 20 days a month for free and have put a lot of effort into, going up on a page with a lot of commercial advertising on it, for which I will receive nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All good points, Greg. I took a quick look at the site and I did not like what I saw at all. There isn't a demand for more cluttered, neurotic-looking, screaming commerically loaded sites.

    They emailed me - if they want feedback, I'll have to get a "Round Tuit" - ask Mr. Patten what I mean by that. :-)

    ReplyDelete